Welcome to my [Dumb] Passive Income Report! This blog is all about what I am doing to create several different passive income streams. This monthly income report details my results. I work very hard and dedicate many hours each week to working on my different online endeavors in an attempt to create passive income. So why do I consider it passive income then? Because I am not trading specified amounts of time for a predetermined amount of money like I do at my day job. Most of the income you will see in this report results from work I have done in the past.
Why am I sharing my income publicly? Hopefully to gain credibility with you (the readers) and to maintain a certain degree of accountability for myself. I could blog all day long about what I am doing to create passive income online, including some of my unique strategies. But why would anybody trust me and believe that what I am doing works if I don’t prove it by sharing my results? This is what I mean by gaining credibility and this is one of the main purposes for sharing my income. I also share my failures on the blog, which holds me accountable. Knowing that I will be publishing a monthly income report will keep me motivated to keep pushing forward and plugging away on the things I need to do to create future passive income.
Happenings in November
November was pretty exciting for me. Not only in my online life, but in my offline life as well. I got a new day job during the month of November! The trucking company I previously worked for wasn’t doing so good financially. They were about to go under when all of a sudden they got bought out by a different trucking company. I wanted nothing to do with the new company, as their compensation and benefits are one of the worst among the companies that do the type of LTL trucking that I have been doing for the past 11 years. Being in the business for this long, I know exactly which companies are the best and which ones treat their employees right. The day after I found out that my company was being bought out – I got online and applied at one of my two targets. Three weeks later I received a call for an interview. The rest is history. I now work for the top dog when it comes to the LTL (less than a truckload) freight business. I’m not supposed to say who they are – but this might clue you in… [blur]let’s just say that it is a globally recognized brand and there are no brown trucks involved! 😉 [/blur]
In the midst of starting a new day job, I also launched my Keyword Research Service. It didn’t exactly take off like I thought it would. I did make one random sale at the $97 price point – as well as one more sale in the beginning of the month at the $37 beta test price. Although I didn’t make a lot of sales (or money) during November, I was able to finalize the way I deliver my results when people do buy. Going forward, it’s just a matter of marketing myself or my service to get people to buy it. I have a few tricks up my sleeve as far as that goes – as well as a possible different strategy for how I sell the service.
Long Tail Pro sales were steady throughout most of the month. I eclipsed $200, on my way to my goal of $300 in monthly commissions for Long Tail Pro. A few other affiliate sales rolled in as well in November that I am very pleased with. It’s always gratifying to see income come in from work that I did several months ago. Passive income baby!! And here are the numbers…
Income and Expenses – November 2013
Affiliate Income from Dumb Passive Income
- $218.46 – Long Tail Pro sales via Clickbank (why it is better than the competition)
- $0 – LeadPages sales for this awesome lead generation software (I EASILY created this squeeze page with LeadPages)
- $6.00 – SocialADR sales (go here to learn more and access my custom 20% off coupon code)
- $8.70- Aweber signups ($1 for your first month)
- $35.94 – Niche Website Theme sales via JVZoo (reviewed in detail here)
- $52.00 – Lending Club leads via Commission Junction (exactly how to sign up explained here)
- $0 – ManageWP signups (easily manage multiple WordPress sites from one dashboard)
- $0 – Carbonite Referral (explained in detail here)
- $33.50 – AmaSuite sales via JVZoo (software demonstrated in video embedded here)
- $12.69 – PulseHover sales via JVZoo (plugin explained within this post)
Other Income from Niche Sites, Old Blog, Article Writing…
- $35.60 – Google Adsense
- $5.36 – Yahoo! Voices for articles I wrote a long time ago
- $0.36 – Amazon Associates for sales on Amazon.com (explained in detail here)
Services by Matthew Allen
- $134 – Keyword Research Service (why I started offering this service – explained here)
- $36 – Private consulting
Hosting and Domains
- $9.95 – Hostgator (how to purchase a domain and set up web hosting)
- $0 – GoDaddy for domain renewals and purchases
- $0 – IXWebHosting – (up to 15 separate IP’s on one hosting account!)
- $19.95 – NameCheap – domain purchases (expired domains)
Tools, Plugins and Themes
- $12.00 – Long Tail Platinum monthly fee (if you have Long Tail Pro – upgrade to Platinum here)
- $12.00 – Long Tail Platinum monthly fee (why I ended up with 2 subscriptions –details here)
- $19.00 – Aweber monthly fee for e-mail list management (first month trial only $1)
- $4.90 – ManageWP monthly fee for WordPress multiple site management program
- $38.00 – SocialADR fee for social bookmarking for my niche sites (proven results within this post!)
- $27.00 – AmaSuite – purchased during 10-day launch sale – what a deal!!
- $80.00 – to my private writer for article writing for niche sites
- $0 – to oDesk for article writing (how I paid only $76.66 for 40 articles!)
- $5.45 – Paypal fees
Totals and Thoughts
Total income $578.61 minus total expenses $248.25 equals a net profit of $330.36 for November 2013!
The previous two months I shared three of my monetary goals for 2013. I’ve decided to leave these up on the report until the end of the year in order to hold myself accountable and track my progress.
- $100 in monthly Adsense income – I want Google paying me every single month!
- $300 in monthly Long Tail Pro affiliate sales – this tool has made too big of a difference in my internet marketing journey. I have to show others why and hopefully generate some decent affiliate income for all of my efforts.
- $1,000 total monthly income – I want to reach this for at least one month in 2013 and build on that into 2014 and the future
Still not close with the Adsense income. I have only one month left to reach this goal. If I don’t hit $100 in December, I will not have achieved this goal. I do have a fighting chance. My one niche site that I am counting on just moved up from #10 to #5 in Google and I am starting to see more clicks! I kind of doubt it will hit $100 – but there is a chance.
I’m almost 100% certain that I will achieve the $300 goal for sales of Long Tail Pro in December. This is in large part, thanks to the Black Friday weekend sale that Spencer held on Long Tail Pro. During that sale, I plastered it all over my blog and sent out two e-mails to my list to make sure that everybody knew about the deal. I made a whole bunch of sales, and many of them fell during the month of December.
It might be a reach to hit my goal or earning $1,000 in a month during 2013. I do have an ace in the hole though. If I want to, I could pull out some of my tricks and sell a few keyword research packages. It’s not that I don’t want to – it’s just the time issue and the adjusting to a new job with a completely uncertain schedule everyday. We’ll see how it all plays out. I didn’t set these goals to not reach them. By golly – I better make time to do the things that I know I have to do to reach these goals. Let’s do it Matt!!
Thank You for taking the time to read through my latest income report and Thank You for contributing if you have previously purchased something through one of my affiliate links! If you wish to support this site, but don’t have a need for any of my affiliate products, you could simply do your regular Amazon shopping through any of the links on this site that lead to Amazon.com. You won’t pay any extra and I will receive a small commission. Thanks so much if you do so!
Remember that there are several dumb ways to create passive income online, but only one site that is blogging about it! Dumb Passive Income… dot com.
Many of the links within this income report are indeed affiliate links. I will receive a commission if you choose to purchase after clicking through via any of these links. Thank You if you do! To your success and mine – may we all be profitable online. Good Day!