Hey! By the way… This blog earns money via affiliate marketing – meaning that I earn commissions when you purchase a product or service after clicking a link on this site. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank YOU in advance – I really appreciate it.
Welcome to my [Dumb] Passive Income Report! This blog is all about what I am doing to create several different passive income streams. This monthly income report details my results. I work very hard and dedicate many hours each week to working on my different online endeavors in an attempt to create passive income. So why do I consider it passive income then? Because I am not trading specified amounts of time for a predetermined amount of money like I do at my day job. Most of the income you will see in this report results from work I have done in the past.
Why am I sharing my income publicly? Hopefully to gain credibility with you (the readers) and to maintain a certain degree of accountability for myself. I could blog all day long about what I am doing to create passive income online, including some of my unique strategies. But why would anybody trust me and believe that what I am doing works if I don’t prove it by sharing my results? This is what I mean by gaining credibility and this is one of the main purposes for sharing my income. I also share my failures on the blog, which holds me accountable. Knowing that I will be publishing a monthly income report will keep me motivated to keep pushing forward and plugging away on the things I need to do to create future passive income.
Happenings in June
Niche Sites – Adsense
Not much to report on as far as Adsense earnings for June. As expected, my site that produces most of my Adsense income is experiencing lower traffic volumes during the summer. I’m pleased that it is holding steady though and averaging about $20 per day. Total Adsense revenue of $682 for the month of June has me very optimistic and excited for this fall when I expect traffic to increase on my main Adsense site. $1300 was my record month back in April and I fully expect to blow that record out of the water given the work and added content that I am putting into the site.
Niche Sites – Amazon
All of the sites I’ve built since the recent success of my Adsense site have been Amazon sites. The one I started in December of 2013 started ranking towards the end of April. Rankings, traffic and sales have been steadily increasing throughout May and June. I had my best month ever for Amazon sales and revenue in June, with 130 sales and just under $150! Sweet!!
All of my Amazon income for June came from the one site that was started in December. That site promotes lower priced products and average sales are usually around $20. This is not ideal, but is part of my grand master plan. Payout rates on Amazon increase as you sell more products. 111 sales gets you to the 7% threshold. I believe I can do this every single month with this site, which will default my payouts for sales on my new sites (built around higher priced products) to that higher rate. Plus there is still a ton of potential with this first Amazon site, which is currently ranking only in positions 6 and 7 for two of the main keywords.
I’m expecting and hoping that my newer Amazon sites will start ranking well in mid to late fall of this year – just in time for the holiday shopping season. If all goes as planned, I should be making a killing with Amazon right around the same time that my Adsense earnings start to pick back up.
Keyword Research Packages
My keyword research packages continue to sell out very quickly. I’m only able to get about 10 of these (or so) up for sale each month. You’ll almost never see any available when you look at my sales page. This is because there are over 175 people on my notify list (and growing every day). As soon as I list packages for sale, I email that list and somebody usually purchases the package within a few hours. If you want to get on that notify list, and also see the exact report that I send to buyers, simply click here and enter your email address-.
As you’ll see in my numbers below, I continue to spend seemingly ridiculous amounts of money. Still buying links from various services – but spending more time and money building out my own PBN. In the long run, I think I am better off owning my PBN sites rather than buying them from services that are open to the public. I am no expert at all when it comes to finding good expired domains – but I am slowly learning by educating myself and experimenting.
I also opened up a new hosting account at Bluehost to put some of my new sites on. My shared hosting account at Hostgator, which was the fist hosting account I’ve ever purchased, was resulting in extremely high page load times. This is bad for user experience and SEO – plus I’ve shared some of my sites that are on that hosting account which makes it easy for others to reverse engineer and find my other sites. So I wanted a new hosting account to put some important sites on and sites that I plan to keep top secret (entirely just to avoid negative SEO). I’ve heard plenty of good about Bluehost, and they’re cheap – so I gave them a shot. I’m very impressed so far!
Income and Expenses – June 2014
Affiliate Income from Dumb Passive Income
- $328.57 – Long Tail Pro sales via Clickbank (why it is better than the competition)
- $20.10 – LeadPages sales for this awesome lead generation software (I EASILY created this squeeze page with LeadPages)
- $2.80 – SocialADR sales (go here to learn more and access my custom 20% off coupon code)
- $5.70- Aweber signups ($1 for your first month)
- $0 – Niche Website Theme sales via JVZoo (reviewed in detail here)
- $0 – Lending Club leads via Commission Junction (exactly how to sign up explained here)
- $0 – ManageWP signups (easily manage multiple WordPress sites from one dashboard)
- $57.00 – AmaSuite sales via JVZoo (software demonstrated in video embedded here)
- $0 – PulseHover sales via JVZoo (plugin explained within this post)
- $0 – oDesk sales via Commission Junction (how to outsource content for cheap explained here)
- $0 – Genesis framework and themes by Studiopress via ShareaSale (eleven40 Pro theme as seen on this site now)
- $0 – EasyAzon3 sales via Clickbank (I haven’t even reviewed this yet – but I would not build an Amazon site without it!)
- $0 – Long Tail Classroom via JVZoo (I don’t even promote this! Must be an upsell for something else in JVZoo)
- $0 – Crazy Egg sales (detailed review with screenshots here)
- $102.50 – The HOTH sales (awesome link building service – they do everything for you!)
- $0 – WPEngine sales (my results after upgrading to the fastest hosting for WordPress on this blog)
Other Passive Income from Niche Sites, etc…
- $682.00 – Google Adsense (ad click revenue from niche sites)
- $21.75 – Yahoo! Voices for articles I wrote a long time ago
- $149.43 – Amazon Associates for sales on Amazon.com (explained in detail here)
Services by Matthew Allen
- $1233 – Keyword Research Packages for Sale (why I started offering this service – explained here)
- $0 – Website services – build simple websites for private businesses (like this one grmobilewelding.com)
Hosting and Domains
- $4.00 – WPEngine (used coupon code for $4 for first 3 months) (why I upgraded to the best and fastest hosting for WordPress)
- $135.84 – Bluehost – for new hosting account with dedicated IP (12 months) for some of my newer sites
- $9.95 – Hostgator (how to purchase a domain and set up web hosting)
- $2.17 – GoDaddy for domain renewals and purchases
- $0 – IXWebHosting – (up to 15 separate IP’s on one hosting account!)
- $10.87 – NameCheap – domain purchases (expired domains)
Tools, Plugins and Themes
- $12.00 – Long Tail Platinum monthly fee (if you have Long Tail Pro – upgrade to Platinum here)
- $29.00 – Aweber monthly fee for e-mail list management (first month trial only $1)
- $4.90 – ManageWP monthly fee for WordPress multiple site management program
- $38.00 – SocialADR monthly fee for social bookmarking for my niche sites (proven results within this post!)
- $56.21 – Studiopress for a 3rd party Genesis theme that I wanted for a new niche site
- $427 – to my private writer for article writing for niche sites
- $313.78 – to oDesk for virtual assistant(s)
- $584 – to a virtual contractor who is helping me create packages for my keyword research service
- $0 – to The HOTH for a link building package (planning to use again)
- $0 – to Link Viking for a link building package (not an affiliate link – mention Dumb Passive Income as your referral source at checkout)
- $250 – to LightningRank for a monthly link building package (upgraded to 5 posts package while I could still get beta test pricing)
- $46.38 – Paypal fees
- $2.09 – Google Apps for domain email
- $77.00 – miscellaneous expense
Totals and Thoughts
Looking at my bar graph, it seems like my income has hit a plateau. It has not! Just a slight dip. I’ve got too much going on and I’ve been working too hard behind the scenes. When it all comes together later this fall, you’ll see what I mean. The slight dip in total income doesn’t have me concerned at all.
My seemingly out of control expenses do have me slightly concerned though. I am conscious and aware of my high expenses and am being very careful to stay mindful of them as I move forward. If you would have told me a year ago that my monthly expenses would be just shy of $2k – I would have thought you were crazy! But here I am and such is life – the life of an internet entrepreneur. I wouldn’t have it any other way. 🙂 Good thing this whole deal is still just a side hustle for me.
Thank You! Thank You for taking the time to read through my latest income report and Thank You for contributing if you have previously purchased something through one of my affiliate links! If you wish to support this site, but don’t have a need for any of my affiliate products, you could simply do your regular Amazon shopping through any of the links on this site that lead to Amazon.com. You won’t pay any extra and I will receive a small commission. Thanks so much if you do so! Many of the links within this income report are indeed affiliate links. I will receive a commission if you choose to purchase after clicking through via any of these links. Thank You if you do! To your success and mine – may we all be profitable online. Good Day! Remember that there are several dumb ways to create passive income online, but only one site that is blogging about it! Dumb Passive Income… dot com. -Matt