Welcome to my (Dumb) Passive Income Report! This blog is all about what I am doing to create several different passive income streams. This monthly income report details my results. I work very hard and dedicate many hours each week to working on my different online endeavors in an attempt to create passive income. So why do I consider it passive income then? Because I am not trading specified amounts of time for a predetermined amount of money like I do at my day job. Most of the income you will see in this report results from work I have done in the past.
Why am I sharing my income publicly? Hopefully to gain credibility with you (the readers) and to maintain a certain degree of accountability for myself. I could blog all day long about what I am doing to create passive income online, including some of my unique strategies. But why would anybody trust me and believe that what I am doing works if I don’t prove it by sharing my results? This is what I mean by gaining credibility and this is one of the main purposes for sharing my income. I also share my failures on the blog, which holds me accountable. Knowing that I will be publishing a monthly income report will keep me motivated to keep pushing forward and plugging away on the things I need to do to create future passive income.
Happenings in September
The one significant change that happened to me and the way I manage my internet life resulted from the start of another school year. Throughout the summer, I would regularly wake up at 5am to work on my internet marketing ventures. My family usually wouldn’t awake until around 8am, which was perfect because that is about the time I would have to get off the computer and start getting ready to head to my day job. With the start of the new school year, my oldest son has to be up around 7 every day in order to catch the bus at 7:45. This means that my computer time comes to an end an hour earlier. I really can’t afford to lose that hour each day – I can’t accomplish as much as I would like as it is. So – I started getting up at 4am!
I’ve been pleased that it hasn’t been a problem for me. I actually enjoy waking up in the wee hours of the morning. Sipping my coffee and working on the computer for several hours. I usually get to bed between 10 and 11pm, meaning I get 5 to 6 hours of sleep each night. In my old age (I’m 37), I’ve found that this much sleep is enough. Plus, one of my favorite Bible quotes that helps keep me motivated is this…
If you love sleep, you will end in poverty.Keep your eyes open, and there will be plenty to eat! - Proverbs 20:13 (NLT from Bible.com)
I do need to be awake and alert at my day job. If you didn’t know, I’m a truck driver by day. The endless podcast episodes that I enjoy listening to each and every day play a big part in keeping me awake. Many of them are internet marketing or entrepreneurial focused. I love this stuff and it keeps me constantly interested and intrigued – so it’s hard to get sleepy while driving when I have so much great stuff to listen to. I’ll definitely have to publish an updated post real soon which highlights all of the great podcasts that I listen to. But for now, you probably want to take a look at my numbers for September. Here they are…
Passive Income and Expenses – September 2013
Affiliate Income from Dumb Passive Income
- $158.22 - Long Tail Pro sales via Clickbank (why it is better than the competition)
- $59.10 - LeadPages sales of this awesome lead generation software (Pat Flynn just started promoting this software BIG TIME!)
- $10.60 - SocialADR sales (go here to learn more and access my custom 20% off coupon code)
- $5.70- Aweber signups ($1 for your first month)
- $17.97 - Niche Website Theme sales via JVZoo (reviewed in detail here)
- $0 - Lending Club leads via Commission Junction (exactly how to sign up explained here)
- $0 – Amazon Associates for sales on Amazon.com (explained in detail here)
- $0 - ManageWP signups (easily manage multiple WordPress sites from one dashboard)
- $0 - Carbonite Referral (explained in detail here)
Other Income from Niche Sites, Old Blog, Article Writing…
- $49.76 – Google Adsense
- $6.69 – Yahoo! Voices for articles I wrote a long time ago
Hosting and Domains
- $9.95 - Hostgator (how to purchase a domain and set up web hosting)
- $1.17 - GoDaddy for domain renewals and purchases
- $0 - IXWebHosting - (up to 15 separate IP’s on one hosting account!)
- $0 - NameCheap - domain purchases (expired domains)
Tools, Plugins and Themes
- $12.00 – Long Tail Platinum monthly fee (if you have Long Tail Pro - upgrade to Platinum here)
- $12.00 – Long Tail Platinum monthly fee (why I ended up with 2 subscriptions -details here)
- $19.00 - Aweber monthly fee for e-mail list management (first month trial only $1)
- $4.90 - ManageWP monthly fee for WordPress multiple site management program
- $14.00 - SocialADR fee for social bookmarking for my niche sites (proven results within this post!)
- $60.00 to my private writer for article writing for niche sites
Totals and Thoughts
Total income $308.04 minus total expenses $133.02 equals a net profit of $175.02 for September 2013!
I am somewhat pleased with my numbers for September – although they are nowhere near where I would like them to be. I’m going to let you in on three of my monetary goals that I set for myself for 2013.
- $100 in monthly Adsense income – I want Google paying me every single month!
- $300 in monthly Long Tail Pro affiliate sales – this tool has made too big of a difference in my internet marketing journey. I have to show others why and hopefully generate some decent affiliate income for all of my efforts.
- $1,000 total monthly income – I want to reach this for at least one month in 2013 and build on that into 2014 and the future
I’m about halfway there with my first two goals. One of my smaller niche sites is starting to see some action and I think has real potential to generate $100/month on it’s own. Hopefully that happens before the end of this year. I put a lot of time and effort into one of my latest posts, which is intended to show bloggers why they should be using keyword research – specifically with my favorite tool, Long Tail Pro (Platinum). I’m planning several more posts, case studies, videos etc., before the end of this year, which will highlight how I use Long Tail Pro and how I think others should be too. Hopefully it will generate more affiliate sales and help me accomplish that goal. I think if I focus on hitting those two goals, the rest just might take care of itself and I just might see that $1,000 month before the end of the year!
What do you think? Does this sound reasonable? How is your online income coming along? What are your goals?
Thank You for taking the time to read through my latest income report and Thank You for contributing if you have previously purchased something through one of my affiliate links! If you wish to support this site, but don’t have a need for any of my affiliate products, you could simply do your regular Amazon shopping through any of the links on this site that lead to Amazon.com. You won’t pay any extra and I will receive a small commission. Thanks so much if you do so!
Remember that there are several dumb ways to create passive income online, but only one site that is blogging about it! Dumb Passive Income… dot com.
Many of the links within this income report are indeed affiliate links. I will receive a commission if you choose to purchase after clicking through via any of these links. Thank You if you do! To your success and mine – may we all be profitable online. Good Day!